‘Tis Nobler in the Mind to Suffer... Or to Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles and by Opposing End Them? (Hamlet act 3, scene 1) (Presentation Video)
Central Nervous System Diseases; Sarcoidosis; Optic Neuropathy, Ischemic; Papilledema; Scleritis; Diplopia
The video clips are offered in Real Media, Quicktime, Windows Media, Flash and MP4 formats. Use the iPod icon for your mobile device. You must have the appropriate player installed on your computer to view the video.
The formats available for this video are the following, ordered as they appear below: Real Media (Download), Quicktime (Download), Windows Media (Non-Download), and Windows Media (Download), Flash Video (Non-Download, H.264 (Download), and MP4 for iPod (Download).
To download the video onto your computer for offline viewing:
1) Click on an icon with the "DL" notation
2) Right-click ( Ctrl-click on Mac ) on the red Download link when the window opens and choose "Save..." or "Download..."
3) Choose location to save in dialog box that appears.
4) Wait for file to download.
5) Now the video is stored on your computer and you can play it any time, with no Internet connection required.
To view the video without downloading to your computer, choose and click on an icon WITHOUT a "DL" notation.
Shadow over left eye; Optic nerve edema
41-year old female with a shadow over the left eye.
VA: 20/20 OD, 20/25+2 OS, declining to 20/400
Spinal cord lesion composed of coalesced granulomata with central caseous necrosis surrounded by chronic inflammation.
IV steroids; Anti-bacterial agents
1. Mafee, Dorodi, Pai, Sarcoidosis of the eye, orbit and central nervous system, Radiologic Clinics of North
America, 37, 73-87, 1999.
2. Tahmoush, Amir, Connor, Farry, DiDato, Ulhoa-CIntra, Vasas, Schwartzman, Israel, Patrick, CSF-ACE
Activity in Probable CNS Neurosarcoidosis, Sarcoidosis Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Diseases,19,191-197,
3. Gal, Koss, The Pathology of Sarcoidosis, Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, 8, 445-451, 2002.
4. Karkhanis, Joshi, All that Caseates is not T.B., Lung India, 24,100-101, 2007.
5. Stickland-Marmol, Fessler, Rojiani, Necrotizing Sarcoid Granulomatosis Mimicking an Intracranial Neoplasm:
Clinicopathologic Features and a Review of the Literature, Modern Pathology, 13, 909-913, 2000.
Relation-Is Part Of
Case presented at the NANOS 2011 Walsh Session, February 5