Digitized by: J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah
Factories and Mills (Industrial Architecture)
Eccles, David; Clark, Joseph
Ogden Milling Company
Grist mills; Flour mills
Ogden; Weber County; Utah
1950 Washington Boulevard
Gift of Mr. M.J. Burson (Utah General Depot). Used in Ogden City and on the cover of Utah Historical Quarterly, Vol. 45-2, 1977. ADVANCE ROLLER MILLS. The old "Ogden Mill" operated by members of the Farr family for 35 years was purchased in 1897 by Joseph Clark and David Eccles, who built the new Advance Mill seen here in front of the earlier structure. This water-powered mill, located at about 1950 Washington Boulevard, became part of the Ogden Milling Company system in 1888. The Ogden mills processed white and graham flour, bran, shorts, rye flour, rolled oats, hominy, corn meal, germade, cracked wheat, chicken feed, and all kinds of grain feed for Utah, Idaho, and Montana clients.