The Brigham Young Winter Home was built in 1872 for Brigham Young who was overseeing the construction of the St. George Temple. The original structure of adobe and wood construction proved durable, passing through several hands after the death of the church leader in 1877. In 1955 the home was taken over by Gordon Young, president of the Brigham Young Genealogical Society. With the cooperation of the local Sons of Utah Pioneers Chapter the building was cleaned up and furnishings added - mostly of pioneer vintage. The building was then restored and maintained as part of the Utah State Parks. The small one-room building off to the side of the large home represents the first church office building in the State of Utah. Photo by Bob Jones, W.P.A.