Cities and towns; Settlements; Rock formations; Deserts;
San Juan County; Utah
Valley of the San Juan at Bluff City, Utah. Bluff City, later simply called Bluff, is halfway between Mexican Hat and Blanding. The town was settled in 1880 by the Mormon Church's San Juan Mission expedition and called Bluff City because of the bluffs along the San Juan River. It was the first Anglo-Saxon settlement in San Juan County.