Cities and towns; Streets; General stores; Mercantile facilities;
Utah Power and Light Company; Adams and Sons Company
Layton; Davis County; Utah
East side of Main Street in Layton, Utah showing the entrance to Adams and Sons Company general store. Layton was an outgrowth of Kaysville and in 1885 known as Little Fort (since Kaysville has a bigger fort). In 1892 the community became known as Layton after Christopher Layton, member of the Mormon Battalion.