Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Vernal First Ward Chapel
Exterior of early First Ward chapel, located on the corner of 100 North and 200 West. The first chapel burned down in 1933. Many organizations helped raise money for a new church. The cornerstone was laid later that year on Pioneer Day. President Heber J. Grant dedicated the new church March 1934. It was torn down in 1977 to make room for an addition to the Uintah County Hospital.
Uintah County Library Regional History Center
Digital image, copyright 2002 Uintah County Library