The Acorn Mercantile was established in 1906 by Fred Bingham and E. J. Winder and was first located at 100 West Main Street. It provided the Ashley Valley people with quality goods. They specialized in bruying and shipping the local rancher's eggs. Ranchers were paid 15 cents a dozen. The Mercantile would ship nearly 1,000 eggs by parcel post once a week.
Uintah County Library Regional History Center
Digital image, copyright 2002 Uintah County Library