Commercial building at 4859 S. State St., 4861 So. State Street built in 1930
Murray Historic Registry
Iris Theater, Apartments and Commercial Building. It was built by Tony Duvall in 1930 and is also known as the Duvall building. There are three storefronts. JC Penney was in the north side; the south side housed Thomas Martin & Son while the middle was the new Iris Theater. It was constructed in the Art Deco style. There are apartments on the second floor. In the 1960s, the Iris Theater was remodeled and became the Vista Theater until 1989 when it became a dinner theater called the Desert Star Playhouse.
originals scanned with HP Officejet Pro L7680 saved as 300 ppi tifs. Display images generated in CONTENTdm as jpegs 800 pixels
Original: Murray City Museum
Digital image copyright 2012, Murray City Museum. All rights reserved.