This house was built for O.L. (Lee) Byers and his wife Evelyn. Byers was a switchman for the Union Pacific Railroad in 1940 and living in the house with Evelyn. They lived in the house until 1950 when it was sold to Louis & Goldie Walters. Louis was the superintendent of the Utah Ore Sampling Mill on 5400 So. and 200 West. They sold the house in 1952 to Viles & Golda S. Brown. Title passed in 1996 to their oldest daughter Shirley Brown Holder.
Photo courtesy of the Salt Lake County Archives
originals scanned with HP Officejet Pro L7680 and saved as 300 ppi tfs. Display images generated in CONTENTdm as jpegs 800 pixels
Digital image copyright 2012, Murray City Museum. All rights reserved.